Saturday, May 7, 2011

Passing Days

I've been rather quiet, I realise. However, since nothing much has happened on the PhD front (beyond getting closer and closer to moving back to England); and the writing front has been completely non-existent (okay, lie, but I'm not admitting to the two stories I wrote and posted last month), I haven't had much to post about.

I'm ignoring my blogs as much as the four stories I have on the go. I'm was half contemplating Nano again this year, until I got into my PhD program, which will be exactly one month in in November. I'm good, but I'm not that good. To make matters worse the fact that I'm Not Writing is sort of becoming terrifying. I've gone longer than this before, but not because I couldn't write, rather because I just didn't have time. I've got all the time in the world now, and no ability to write. Nothing is inspiring me, despite the fact that there are three shows I watch that just started again with new episodes. I can barely even edit Nano10 for more than an hour at a time before I just can't handle it.

But tomorrow is Mother's Day, and in honour of the fact that tonight is going to be one of those horrific nights that unfortunately happen (private life, don't ask), I am going to sit down after brunch tomorrow and stare at the computer until, either, I write something or my brain implodes.

So, that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment